Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Showered with flowers

As a breastfeeding mum with a little one who doesn't sleep very well, I feel there are a few things in life that I miss out on. Sleep is the obvious one (especially at the moment when everyone in our house has a cold), but I also avoid caffeine and alcohol because these seem to lead to even more sleepless nights for both bub and I.

After 70 odd weeks of abstinence during pregnancy and breastfeeding (well ok I do sneak the odd half glass and I still have my decafe latte) I do crave the odd glass of wine or beer, and a real coffee every now and then.

Therefore I have been indulging myself in a little alternate luxury. For the past few weeks I have been buying myself a bunch of these each week at the local farmers market.
Today I had an added bonus. Junior disappeared into the garden for a few minutes and came back with a beautiful yellow bouquet of Oxalis (an indication of how weedy our garden is). Now I have two beautiful vases of flowers on the dining table.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Reminds me of Charlie picking a single daisy and then giving it to his mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get pretty nice weeds in Perth!

    ReplyDelete