Sunday, November 13, 2011

Costumes, costumes and more costumes...

Over the last couple of weeks I seem to have been making nothing but costumes (and I'm a bit over it I must say). First a clown costume for school assembly - I made some rainbow pants and a star t-shirt to match.
 
Then a late night Frankenstein costume for a school monster disco.
I was lacking inspiration so a felt covered box for a head with some toy nuts and bolts stitched to an elastic strap for the neck bolt and lots of green face paint. This photo was taken after the even so half of the face paint is missing but you get the idea.

Finally a Halloween themed birthday party (which should have been easy except I had opted out on Halloween and sent the boys trick or treating in their superhero costume). A quick trip to the party store for a Wizards hat and a simple hooded cape (made from my lovely Growing up Sew Liberated book) along with a pumpkin bag and improvised wand and we are done!

Please no more dress ups for a week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment