Monday, February 7, 2011

We Play with Dinosaurs

For a while now I have wanted a low table with a lip around it like this one I saw at Irresistible Ideas for Play Based Learning. This weekend Aussie Dad found the time to make a little table top with a wooden frame around it so I tried it out by setting out a few toy dinosaurs with some pebbles and greenery.Rascal played with it for a little while pretending the dinosaurs were eating the trees but then he wandered off to play with something else.Then Junior discovered it and spent ages gathering greenery from the garden and making little nests, caves and dens for the dinosaurs.I was surprised how long he played with it so I think I will try it again with some different figures or perhaps toy cars next time.What have your children been play with this week? “Come over and play at the Childhood 101We Play link up”

8 comments:

  1. looks like a very enticing play setup

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very inviting little setup! We like adding playdough to ours too, so that sticks and leaves can "stand up" to be trees :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome!my son would love this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that both played with it in their own way! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh so cool! I want to come and play and so does my boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, I want a table with a lip now too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your table is absolutely beautiful. This is the one piece of equipment we never wanted to be without. It was so versatile as we could use ours with wet or dry 'stuff' in it ... enjoy yours it looks irresistible indeed!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete