Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Marble Painting

Rascal loved the puffy painting we did recently so this morning I decided to revisit another old favourite of Juniors - Marble painting. I used some plastic bowls with circles of paper cut to fit the base, some paint and a couple of marbles.Just put the paper in the bottom of the bowl, add a small amount of paint to the bowl and then tilt the bowl to roll the marbles around and watch the lovely patterns emerge. It is a nice way to experiment with mixing colours.If you have paper plates that would be even easier - you could just drop the paint and marbles straight in and then roll away, then cut the base of the paper plate out once it has dried. I thought these might make some pretty Easter decorations if I cut them into an egg shape once they have dried. What Easter art activities have you been enjoying this week? “Come over and play at the Childhood 101We Play link up”

5 comments:

  1. these look great!! you could also make really colourful easter garland with these!!
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and new to me. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made this so simple - though, I think my 3yo might need something that's enclosed - that marble will NOT stay in :P

    Thanks for linking up to It's Playtime this week, I hope to see more of your ideas next Thursday too!

    Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so effective. Did you ever see (I think it was on Teacher Tom's blog) the huge, large scale ball paintings?

    Thank you for linking up to We Play again xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love marble painting too - I think this technique produces gorgeous effects. Lovely to see you at the Play Academy!

    ReplyDelete