Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm feeling ...


Bub has a first Birthday coming up and I have been planning to make some bunting for ages. Now, with the pressure on, I have finally finished. For the last couple of evenings I have been neglecting poor hubby (who thinks motherhood is slowly sending me potty) and finally put together a couple of strings of bunting. There are loads of tutorials out there but I mainly used this and this. I cut a pile of triangle pairs from some cheap colourful cotton. Sewed two edges right sides together then turned them out and pressed them.
I printed out the letters using Comic San MS font at 300 point and transferred this to some heat and bond, which I used to 'stick' the letters (cut from fabric scraps) to the triangles. I then sewed around the edges of the letters and along the edges of the triangles so they sit nicely.
Lastly I sewed a strip of bias binding along the top. I'm glad I went to the effort of finishing the triangles properly because it should last for a few birthdays and survive a couple of trips throught the washing machine. I still have some spare triangle left so when I find a bit more time I would like to make a couple of strips of bunting with the boys names on them - but that might not happen until next year.


  1. Brilliant, I think I'm going to do something like this over xmas for Fifi's birthday. Thanks for the tutorial and well done!

  2. Your bunting looks wonderful! We'll be excited to see it in person soon. Happy Birthday (early), Sam!