Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Memories

Being new to this blogging game I'm not really one for awards and tags but my friend Zooarchaeologist tagged me recently and I enjoyed reading her 10 Happy Memories so much I though I had better pass this on.

These 10 are a bit random but they are the 10 Happy Memories that sprung to mind;

1. Riding my little grey mare all day and then camping under the stars during a Pony Club summer camp when I was a child.

2 Attending a Youth Conference on the east coast of the US as an 18 year old. This was my first real travelling - I had never been out of Western Australia, never been on a plane, and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was a real eye-opener for a girl from the country and gave me the travel bug.

3. Lots of early mornings spent mist-netting or counting birds at water-holes as part of my first "real job" as a Post-grad Research Assistant - I couldn't believe I was getting paid to do it.

4. Prague: standing oustide the castle watching it snow - my first European city, my first solo trip, and my first experience of snow - what a fabulous introduction to Europe.

5. Living in West London and walking to work at the Natural History Museum each day. Walking up the front steps of that wonderful building always makes me smile.

6. Backpacking around Turkey - Hubby and my first real holiday together.

7. Walking the Annapurna circuit in Nepal, particularly standing on a 5400m high pass and looking up at mountains all around - awe inspiring stuff.

8. Driving around France, Spain, and the UK in a beat-up old Nissan Sunny (our Japanese Campervan).

9. Our Wedding Day at my in-laws property on the south coast. It rained all the week before and after but the sun shined on us on our day - just magic.

10. Meeting my two little boys for the first time- my little miracles.

Now I know awards and chains aren't everyones cup of tea but I would like to read your happy memories so I'm passing the baton to the dipe squad, Slugs on the Refrigerator, Life through the slim lens and Daddacool.

No comments:

Post a Comment