Last Christmas I saw Soul Mamma's design for Christmas bags and went out and bought a whole pile of Christmas fabric in the January sales with the intention of making these simple bags this Christmas. Last week when I was finishing off a birthday crown as part of a little girls birthday present I thought I would try out that bag design and it proved to be very quick and simple.
To make this simple gift bag;
1. Press and cut the fabric to the required size adding a couple of inches for seams.
2. Fold fabric in half right sides out and press
3. Sew French seams down the sides of the bag (ie sew a 1/4" seam down either side, fold bag inside out, press and sew a 1/2" seam).
4. Fold top edge over 1/2" and then fold again, press, tuck two lengths of ribbon into this seam (for securing the bag) then sew seam around top edge of bag.
5. Turn right side out, press, put present in, fold over top edge and secure with ribbon at the front.