Monday, September 6, 2010

We Play at the Zoo

Aussie Dad has a couple of weeks off work to help us all settle into life with a new baby, so today we took advantage of having Dad home and we all visited the Perth Zoo.
We have been meaning to renew our membership for months but with the sun shining and everyone in a good mood we finally got around to it. Rascal, who was only a baby last time we visited, particularly loved it and indulged his current passion for Penguins spending ages watching them swimming and diving. The African savannah and primates were also popular as was the carousel. A great morning out and the start of a regular family outing. Where have you been playing this week? “Come over and play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up”

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! The Zoo is such a great activity for kids of all ages. We've got a Friends of the Zoo membership which is great, otherwise I think it would cost us a fortune, the amount of times we go to the Zoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like great fun! congrats on the new edition too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to drive passed the Melbourne Zoo on my way to work, so it was no trouble to go there whenever the sun was shining on my days off with Princess. Now we live so far away, and the sun doesn't shine anymore!

    Perth Zoo looks very different from ours, so I would like to visit there, and I know Princess would love that carousel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need to get our family to the Zoo. My son has only just recently got into animals, its been wheels cars and trucks till now.

    I used to love the carousel as a child, but would love to go on one as an adult too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last photo is great - I love your son's expression. My girls are real animal fans - in fact the often pretend to be animals themselves.
    P.S. I wondered if you might come and join our Play Academy on Fridays - it would be great to swap ideas with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like great fun. Can't believe I've never taken my girls to the Melbourne Zoo. Must remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Perth Zoo and your list of favourite exhibits sounds just the same as ours - except we would have to add the crocodile as well :)

    Congratulations on your new bub.

    ReplyDelete